Welcome › Forums › Copernicus Marine User Forum › Ocean colour › Sentinel 3 Validation Team Ocean Colour meeting reports › S3VT-OC meeting summary: 25th September 2019
25 September 2019 at 16:46 #1491Hayley Evers-KingModerator
Oligotrophic chl will be updated – Hu et al., 2012, with switch from Wang and Son, 2016.
Best fits being derived for OLCI application
BPC update of modelling inversion. Updated weighting uncertainties in NIR.
Reduces product noise, no significant change in validation.
BPAC flag now on most of the time.
New study from Constant Mazarin.
– Revisited inversion. Included 1020nm
– Significant improvement in turbid environments
Coming up with new PB
– OLCI A recomputation for SVC gains
– Computation of gains for OLCI-B
– Complex water NN from SNAP going in to operations (NN v2)
– Chl will output up to 100mgm3 but flagged above 30.
– Cloud risk flag for complex water NN products.
– Smile correction for band 681.25nm
Potential evolutions (to be checked prior to next reprocessing)
– Specific gains for complex water NN
– Band 709 water vapour correction update
– New flags: cloud shadow, snow/ice cloud
– Update of flag ANNOT_DROUT
Similar developments with CCI
– IOP products including a_nw, bbp, a_cdm, a_phy, b_bp slope, Kd (490), optical water classes
– IOP products a and bbp at 443 will be included in reprocessing.
– Nothing in operational processing at the moment.
– SNAP plugin available
– Fluorescence product will also be available via a SNAP plug in.
– Oct/Nov 2019 OLCI L1 B
o 10 May 2018 0 current
o Data will be available from 2020
o Updates of OLCI-B radiometric, spectral and geometric calibration
– OLCI-B L2 reprocessing
o Early 2020
o 10 May – current.
o Include evolutions (and potential ones)
– OLCI A L1B reprocessing spring 2020
o Time series April 2016 to current
o Possibility to bring S3A/B tandem data in to OLCI A in to compliance
– Associated baseline with repro will go in to operations
– How will data be delivered. Another CODA instance. Answer: yes, though not certain at the moment whether it will be CODAREP/integrated in to CODA.
Protocols for OLCI in situ matchups are available.
Question – how to define coastal/inland vs open ocean (Chl?, Variability?)
– Responses very mixed on whether there should be normalisation.
– Existing BRDF are too generic – different implementations needed for different waters
– Solution – stand alone routine and SNAP plug in
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.